How to become a member
EuSalt represents 24 salt producers across Europe and beyond. Working in close collaboration with its memers, the association encourages best practices on many aspects of production, including energy and resource efficiency, biodiversity protection, and water consumption.
As set in the by-laws, salt producers satisfying the following requirements can apply for full membership:
- The company produces and markets more than 50 kt of crystallised salt (NaCl) from mineral deposits or sea water per year,
- The company is located within the territory of the European Economic Area, plus Switzerland,
- The company is legally recognised as such, and
- The producer complies with EuSalt's statutes and code of practice.
Salt producers located outside the European territory (EEA + Switzerland) and/or not fulfilling the tonnage criterion may apply for associated membership insofar as they:
- Produce and market salt (NaCl),
- Are legally recognised as a company, and
- Comply with EuSalt's statutes and code of practice.
The membership is not open to distributors, handlers or processors of crystallised salt. Applications for membership should be addressed to the president of the association. Only the General Assembly of EuSalt can formally accept applications, provided that they fulfill the criteria set by the Board of Directors.