CEPS, in cooperation with COWI, is conducting a study for the European Commission’s DG ENER on “Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy”. The study aims to answer two key questions:
• What are the drivers of, and constraints on, the corporate sector's transition to renewable energy?
• What is the impact of renewable energy on the competitiveness of EU companies?
Deepening our knowledge of the opportunities and challenges for EU companies sourcing renewable energy or aspiring to do so will help reap the full potential of corporate sourcing of renewables and contribute to the green energy transition by allowing for more effective policy interventions at the EU and national levels.
In this context, CEPS is hosting a stakeholder workshop to present the preliminary findings of the study. These have been based on comprehensive consultation activities including interviews with key EU and national players, an online survey with corporates and case studies examining the point of view of buyers.
- Felice Simonelli, Senior Research Fellow and Head of Policy Evaluation
- Bruce Douglas, Deputy CEO, SolerPower Europe and Coordinator, RE-Source Platform
- Florie Gonsolin, Manager Energy and Climate, CEFIC
- Devon Swezey, Global Energy Markets, Google
- Cillian O’Donoghue, Energy & Climate Change Manager, Eurometaux
- Christian Egenhofer, Senior Research Fellow and Head of the Energy and Climate Programme, CEPS
- Ruud Kempener, Policy Officer, DG ENER, European Commission
More info here